The Bead and Design show made its way to the Pasadena Hilton this past weekend.
The show consists of 300 artisan booths, galleries and workshops. Attendees were able to take workshops such as botanics in bronze, etching and advanced torch enameling.
Throughout the event, there were ongoing demos and mini classes with Laura Gasparrini, who taught the basics in macramé and leather and beadwork designs. Another class taught by Deborah Staehle focused on weaving small seed beads together with other beads.
Some sellers, such as JanuGems, have been in this business for many years. They began their work in the beading community 32 years ago, and have been attending the Bead and Design show for the past 5 years.
Dennis Lam, from Beauty and the Beads, said the Pasadena show is his favorite show. Lam described the attendees at the Pasadena show as “very nice,” with “good energy.” Lam compared some shows Beauty and the Beads has attended to black Friday, but talked about how relaxed the Pasadena stop was in comparison.
The Bead and Design show has become somewhat of a family affair. Angie Young from Bead Artworth had a booth at the show with her mother. Young described the beading community as Young and her mother traveled all the way from Spokane, Washington, and were enjoying the California weather immensely.
The Bead and Design show specializes in beads, clothing, textiles, gemstones, antiques, art, jewelry, gold and silver and arts and crafts.It also travels to Santa Barbara, Tucson, and Concord.
For more information on the bead and design show, visit their website http://www.beadanddesign.com
Click here to see more photos from this event in our gallery section.
- Pasadena City College and the freaky Facebook page - October 31, 2017
- Pasadena City College and the time sucking quake drill - October 25, 2017
- Police Blotter: Multiple accounts of sexual assault reported - October 23, 2017
- Pasadena City College and the makeshift yard sale - October 4, 2017
- PCC and the half-assed elevators - September 20, 2017
- ALERT: Multiple sexual assaults reported on campus - September 20, 2017
- Pasadena City College and the parking lot from hell - September 6, 2017
- FYF brings crowd favorites out of hiding - July 30, 2017
- FYF Fest ready to rock Exposition Park - July 7, 2017
- Photo Gallery: RESIST March - June 13, 2017