Pasadena City College welcomes you to PCC Courier Online, the digital edition of our campus student newspaper. These are our terms and conditions for use of the network, which you may access in several ways, including but not limited to the World Wide Web, digital television, PDA, mobile phone and RSS feeds. These terms and conditions apply whenever you access the network, on whatever device. In these terms and conditions, when we say PCC Courier Online, we mean this network, regardless of how you access it.
By using the network, you are deemed to have accepted these conditions.
Some areas of PCC Courier Online require registration. By completing the initial registration form and by entering your e-mail address and password, you will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions. Also, by subscribing to any of our e-mail services, you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
If you have registered with us and subsequently change your details, you should immediately notify us of any changes by e-mailing our Web editor.
Any changes we make to the terms and conditions hereafter will be reflected as and addition on the bottom of this page.
When you register, you are registering as a personal user of PCC Courier Online. Access to registration areas is via your e-mail address and password.
We allow you access to the registration areas of the site on the basis that:
- (i) your e-mail address and password are personal to you and may not be used by anyone else to access PCC Courier Online.
- (ii) you will not do anything which would assist anyone who is not a registered user to gain access to any registration area of PCC Courier Online.
- (iii) you do not maliciously create additional registration accounts for the purpose of abusing the functionality of the site, or other users; nor do you seek to pass yourself off as another user.
- (iv) Nom de plumes or screen names are acceptable for registered users.
- (v) you comply with these terms and conditions.
If, for any reason, we believe that you have not complied with these requirements, we may, at our discretion, cancel your access to the registration areas of PCC Courier Online immediately and without giving you any advance notice.
2. Termination of registration
If we wish to bring the agreement to an end, we will do so by e-mailing you at the address you have registered stating that the agreement has terminated. The agreement will terminate and your e-mail address and password will become invalid on PCC Courier Online immediately.
3. Use of material appearing on PCC Courier Online
For the purposes of this agreement, â€œmaterialâ€ means material including, without limitation, text, video, graphics and sound material, published on the PCC Courier Online network, whether copyright of PCC Courier Online or a third party.
You may download and print extracts from the material and make copies of these for your own personal and non-commercial use only. You are not allowed to download or print the material, or extracts from it, in a systematic or regular manner or otherwise so as to create a database in electronic or paper form comprising all or part of the material appearing on PCC Courier Online.
You must not reproduce any part of PCC Courier Online or the material or transmit it to or store it in any other website or disseminate any part of the material in any other form, unless we have authorized you to do so in writing. You may link to the content and quote reasonable portions of it as part of the link without authorization.
We may be prepared to allow you to distribute or reproduce certain parts of PCC Courier Online or the material in certain circumstances at our sole discretion. Please e-mail us if you wish to apply for permission to do so.
4. Disclaimer of liability
To the extent permitted at law, we do not accept any responsibility for any statement in the material. You must not rely on any statement we have published on PCC Courier Online without first obtaining specialist professional advice. Nothing in the material is provided for any specific purpose or at the request of any particular person.
For the avoidance of confusion, we will not be liable for any loss caused as a result of your doing, or not doing, anything as a result of viewing, reading or listening to the material or any part of it (except for death or personal injury attributable to our negligence and to the extent permitted at law).
You can access other sites via links from PCC Courier Online. These sites are not under our control and we are not responsible in any way for any of their contents.
We give no warranties of any kind concerning PCC Courier Online or the material. In particular, we do not warrant that PCC Courier Online or any of its contents is virus free. You must take your own precautions in this respect as we accept no responsibility for any infection by virus or other contamination or by anything which has destructive properties.
5. Third party material on PCC Courier Online
You will see advertising material submitted by third parties on PCC Courier Online. Individual advertisers are solely responsible for the content of advertising material which they submit to us, including ensuring that it complies with relevant legislation. We accept no responsibility for the content of advertising material, including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein.
If you want to advertise on PCC Courier Online, please e-mail our advertising director at and your details will be passed on to our advertising sales team.
6. Submitting graphical material and photography for publication on PCC Courier Online
When you send a photograph or other graphical material to us you do so in accordance with these Terms of service.
This means that you hereby agree that you have taken the photograph(s) you have sent to us or you have permission from or are authorized by the owner of the photograph(s) to send it (them) to us, and you are granting us a non-exclusive, royalty-free license to publish or otherwise use the photograph(s) in any way and at any time we want on the PCC Courier Online web site.
Selected photographs and graphical material will be published at the discretion of the editor and you will not be paid, even if your photograph(s) is (are) published.
We may cut, edit, crop or arrange your photograph(s) or graphic as we think fit to appear on the PCC Courier Online web site, and we may remove your photograph(s) or graphics at any time.
Your name will be published alongside your photograph(s) or graphic, but we may edit or delete any comments which you submit along with your photograph(s) or graphic.
IMPORTANT: You or the owner of the photograph(s) still own the copyright to the photograph(s) sent to us and are free to republish the photograph(s) wherever you or the owner wish and in whatever medium you or the owner want.
7. Submitting text for publication on PCC Courier Online
Users of our site may submit material for publication in various areas of the site, including as comments to our stories and opinions. We accept no liability in respect of any material submitted by users and published by us and we are not responsible for its content and accuracy.
If you want to submit material to us for publication on PCC Courier Online, you may do so on the following terms and conditions:
- (i) publication of any material you submit to us will be at our sole discretion. We reserve the right to make additions or deletions to the text or graphics prior to publication, or to refuse publication.
- (ii) you grant us a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide license to republish any material you submit to us in any format, including without limitation print and electronic format.
- (iii) you warrant to us that any material you submit to us is your own original work and that you own the copyright and any other relevant rights.
- (iv) you warrant that the material you submit is not obscene, offensive, defamatory of any person or otherwise illegal.
- (v) you agree not to post material which is deliberately intended to upset other users.
- (vi) you acknowledge that any breach of these warranties may cause us damage or loss and you agree to indemnify us in full and permanently against any third party liabilities, claims, costs, loss or damage we incur as a result of publishing material you submit to us, including consequential losses.
- (vii) we reserve the right to remove your access to individual services completely if we believe you are abusing the services in any way.
These terms may be varied from time to time. Please ensure that you review these terms and conditions regularly as you will be deemed to have accepted a variation if you continue to use the site after it has been posted. Details of variations will be posted in Section 11 below.
9. Force majeure
Although we will do our best to provide constant, uninterrupted access to PCC Courier Online, we do not guarantee this. We accept no responsibility or liability for any interruption or delay.
10. Governing Law & Jurisdiction
This agreement is governed by U.S. and California law and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the U.S. and California courts.
V 1.0 080807